REVERT TO CLASSIC EDITOR

• HOW DO I SWITCH BACK TO CLASSIC EDITOR ON MY SIDEBAR TO APPLY WIDGETS?

WP.com: Yes
    Jetpack: No
    Correct account: Yes

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to moderators and staff)

• Install Classic Editor WordPress plugin and it will give you the classic editor features
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/classic-editor/

• Hey there,

If you are looking to use the classic editor, we have a great help document here:

WP
    Types of WordPress Editors » Using the Classic Editor
    6 min read
    This guide explains how to use the Classic Editor, the legacy editing experience on WordPress. The modern WordPress Editor can do anything the Classic Editor can do and much more, so even though the Classic Editor is still available, it is not recommended. How to Access the Classic Editor 💡 Did you know? The WordPress Editor includes the Classic Block, which replicates much of t

To use the classic widget section however, you will need to install a theme that uses the legacy widget section. Newer WordPress themes use the updated Site Editor widget section which provides additional functionality, this cannot be changed without switching themes.

Hope this helps!

• Hi there, Nucleare, the theme you are using on 12stepphilosophy.wordpress.com uses the Appearance>Customizer>Widgets or the Appearance>Widgets dashboard. But, AFAIK, it’s not possible to switch back to the older method of adding or editing widgets regardless of theme. It’s all block-based now, also in Classic themes.

Here’s a guide to block widgets and if you have specific questions about certain widgets, please let us know.

Personally I find it easier to work directly in the Appearance>Widgets dashboard.

• Hey @justjennifer,

Thank you for the correction. You are correct that the classic widget section is no longer available, regardless of theme. Appreciate the clarification and link to the block widgets!

• The topic ‘REVERT TO CLASSIC EDITOR’ is closed to new replies.