Required to choose custom domain?

• Hello!

I am new to WP and still trying to figure everything out. Right now, my blog is homeondel.wordpress.com. I thought I could use this domain for free, but every time I try to “Launch Site,” WP is attempting to charge me $60 for a custom domain for the year. Yet I’ve seen others’ blogs at xyz.wordpress.com – what am I missing? Not interested in paying yet until I get my site designed the way I want it. How do I publish a non-custom domain blog?

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there, When you go to launch your site, type something in the line on the domains screen and then you’ll see your free .wordpress.com address with the Skip Purchase option at the bottom of that page. Then keep following any other free site prompts.

Let us know if you need further help with this.

• Hey!

WordPress should offer you a free .wordpress.com domain as one of the first few options. If you don’t see this option, scroll down to the very bottom of the page and look for a button that says Skip Purchase. WordPress will then offer you plans, but you can click start with a free site in the center middle of the page. This should allow you to make your site visible to the public.

Try these steps and let me know if it helps!

Magnus

• The topic ‘Required to choose custom domain?’ is closed to new replies.