Renaming My Post's Titles & the old URLs

• I have been blogging steadily for almost a year now and I find that my blog is a constantly changing and evolving life force. I have recently been making a lot of changes to blog’s structure, pages and old posts.

I recently started to change the titles of old blog posts which I wrote and published several months ago. I can edit any blog post’s title very easily by going to the posts section of dashboard and clicking ‘edit’ under any of my listed posts. But I noticed that, though I have changed the title as it appears on a post, the post’s individual url still includes the original post title in it and not the changed title. I feel that this looks sloppy and unorganized on my part.

I have also noticed that when I am in the ‘Edit Post’ section, under my post title it says ‘permalink’ and you can edit the end of the url, but this makes me nervous. The url that was automatically generated when I created the post is one thing, if just start typing my own words into the permalink can I create an invalid link unintentionally?

I’m curious as to the best want to do this so that I do not feel trapped by my original titles for posts. I want to option to change my mind later as things evolve. Thank you for any advice anyone can give me.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• I would never ever edit a post title and break the link. Are you aware of what “breaking links” means and what it results in? See here > Avoid creating 404 pages

• The topic ‘Renaming My Post's Titles & the old URLs’ is closed to new replies.