Related post images not showing

• Hello, as per subject – maybe half a year ago images were visible. Now it just shows a flat link.

I have vague memory of @kok something ( i remember he bakes and makes puppets) helping me with this after I switched to site editor. But now I’ve forgotten his wisdom.

At this point – given my last question re embed images not behaving well, i am wondering of this is related – or, most likely, something I have done. or haven’t.

Cheers Bic
    P/S @95%ghost, can i delete the TEST site now or do you still need it.?
    Thx

WP.com: Yes
    Jetpack: No
    Correct account: Yes

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hey there, re: test stuff, do you mean regarding this post? It looks like that issue is still in progress, so I’d leave it there for now if that’s okay.

Regarding thumbnails on related posts, you’ll want to head to the Site Editor for single posts then use the List View, then click on the related posts. Make sure you can see the block settings sidebar. You’ll have a “Thumbnails” option there. Enable that, save, and you should be set.

Let us know if you need more help!

• Ahhh thanks @supernovia list view sounded familiar from last time, but I still ended up lost. My progress in images:

Opening to single page site editor: No LIST VIEW

Going to edit exposes list view

But I don’t see what I’m looking for there?

This all sounds familiar from last time but the layout has changed a bit and I’m still not totally au fait with site editor.

Thx

• Ok, sorry, I thought related posts were in the footer.
    Clearly not.
    I started opening everything – from bottom up sadly.
    Anyway, found related posts, expanded it, can see block settings but nothing further.

However, the notation:

Preview unavailable in site editor.

Would suggest by reverse logic, that they are available or viewable in the actual site.
    Using the same flawed logic, does that suggest the fault is not here?
    Maybe related to this post?

I really am stuck now!.
    p

• Hi! It looks like this is a recent update to the WordPress software which I see now.

The setting you’re looking for is located in second “settings” tab in the sidebar:

Just for reference, this should apply to all blocks, both in the post/page editor, and also in the Site Editor – I checked the paragraph block and a few others to be sure.

• Aha tricky, tiny cog trying to be all but invisible!
    That did the trick thx Mr Ghost @staff-95percentghost and @supernovia.
    Now I need to adjust the layout block as the images are a wee bit too stretched horizontally – never ends does it, like a UK winter.
    And yeah layout of the editor has been changed since I last visited it too.

Cheers
    Bic

• The topic ‘Related post images not showing’ is closed to new replies.