Regarding Hosting, Forum Installation and OAuth

• Hi

I am planning to take Business Package and i need clarity on below queries

1) business package comes with hosting right?

2) vanilla forums can be installed and maintained for FREE right?

3) I want to set up Oauth that only people with Linkedin Profile can login using oauth. Is it possible ?

WP.com: Yes
    Jetpack: No
    Correct account: Yes

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to moderators and staff)

• Hi,

Expecting some reply from experts

• Hello there,

Thanks for reaching out!

1) business package comes with hosting right?

Absolutely it does. :)

This is a good guide on how managed hosting with WordPress.com works: https://wordpress.com/support/managed-hosting-with-wordpress-com-faqs/

2) vanilla forums can be installed and maintained for FREE right?

Yes, forum plugins can be installed and run on WordPress.com, for free as part of the business plan.

With regards to maintaining the plugin, the plugin developer would be maintaining these and releasing updates to the site when needed.

Out of curiosity, what would you class a “vanilla forum”, specifically, what particular features do you require for the project? I’ll happily guide you toward a suitable starting point.

3) I want to set up Oauth that only people with Linkedin Profile can login using oauth. Is it possible ?

This is also possible, this generally requires an additional plugin, that ties into the forum plugin. (Or a forum plugin, may have this already built in.

What are your goals for the site exactly? Again, happy to offer advice here.

• The topic ‘Regarding Hosting, Forum Installation and OAuth’ is closed to new replies.