Reduce Size of Footer Menu

• Does anyone know if it is possible to reduce the size of the footer menu?

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi, the footer widget area is designed so that if you have only one widget, it will take up the entire width. If you have two, then each widget will take up approximately 50%, if you have three, about 33% each. We can make that widget narrower, but it is going to look a little strange with nothing to the right of it.

My suggestion would be to add an additional widget, perhaps an image widget with a photo, or perhaps the About Me or Contact Info widget, if one of those would be appropriate.

• I was more interested in reducing the vertical height of the footer. I guess it would be a matter of making the font smaller?

• @williamdane, there are a number of things we can do to reduce the heigh of the footer. For the menu, there is 12px of top and bottom padding on the li elements (menu items) in the menu. You can add the following to your custom CSS and then adjust the 12px value. Since the 12px is both top and bottom, a 2px change, to 10px will make quite a difference since it is taking off 4px in height (2 top, 2 bottom).

.widget ul > li, .widget ol > li {
        padding: 12px 0;
    }

Right now though, your image is setting the height of the footer area. If you wish to reduce the size of that image, in conjunction with the above, you can add the following CSS as well.

#image-23 img {
        float: right;
        width: 75%;
    }
  • The topic ‘Reduce Size of Footer Menu’ is closed to new replies.