Recent post was published to PUBLIC…how do I set publish default to private???

• I thought that I had set my blog to private…and while drafting a post, I accidentally hit the publish button…thought, no big deal…just clicked on edit and then changed the status to draft (as explained on the forum)…but then when I went into the admin page to check some users, I found that my post had been published…and after doing some random browsing on topics, checked something only to find that my post was PUBLIC!!!! So, how can I ensure that my DEFAULT publish setting is set to private? I find your site so confusing to begin with (like having to switch to an admin page to edit posts etc). Please help. I’m ready to give up on WP.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• hi there,
    Your blog is set to private. I checked and I am not able to see any of your content.
    Please note that once your blog is set to private none of your posts will be visible to the public. The published posts will be visible only to the users whom you have authorised.

• Thank you for checking. The behaviour of the site seems really strange as multiple windows were open in different formats…at one point it appeared that multiple versions of my blog were published…and the status bar on the RIGHT side clearly said “public”. Oh well. I will see how things go….but I have to admit, since creating an account I have found WP to be very confusing to use.

• You can see the post when you are logged into your site. Anyone else, unless you’ve given them permission to view a post, gets a message that your site is Private.

• The topic ‘Recent post was published to PUBLIC…how do I set publish default to private???’ is closed to new replies.