Reboot button missing on new blog

• I started up a new blog this weekend and noticed that the reboot button is missing, even though the marketing tools has the reboot button checked. My older website still has a reboot button, just not the new one. Any reason why?

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Ugh autocorrect kept calling it “reboot.” I meant to say my REBLOG button is missing.

• I’m thinking there’s some other problem here…. I still can’t see it. I’ve been having another problem with the blog treating me like I’m a visitor, and not a WordPress user, so maybe the two problems are connected? There’s no WordPress button either…just a like button, and it won’t even let me press that. A dialogue box pops up like it’s going to require me to sign in, then disappears whenever I try.

I started a new topic about the site not recognizing me as a user. Hopefully that’ll clear things up.

• Ok, please make sure that your browser is up to date: https://browsehappy.com/

If it is not, please try updating your browser or switching to a different browser.

If it is, please do these two things:

1. Try clearing your browser’s cache and cookies.

2. Try with all browser extensions or add-ons temporarily disabled.

Please let us know how each step goes for you, and which browser (and version of) you’re using if you’re still having trouble.

• Safari is up to date. When I switched to Google Chrome, that seemed to work, though I don’t prefer Google to Safari.
    Don’t have any extensions, but clearing cache seems to work for now. Thanks for the help!

• Ah, ok. That’s Safari’s cross-site tracking prevention, I run into it a lot myself too.

Basically, the logged in cookie belongs to WordPress.com, but you’re looking at a site on home.blog, so Safari says “Nope!” to running a WordPress.com cookie on home.blog.

Basically the same innovative thing that prevents Facebook from tracking you all over the web is now preventing WordPress.com from working properly, fun times.

We’re looking into work-arounds, but as this cross-site tracking prevention system was of course built to stop such things, it might take a while.

• The topic ‘Reboot button missing on new blog’ is closed to new replies.