Read permission denied on device media

• Have written this blog for years and suddenly can no longer upload images from my Android phone. Checked the permissions on my phone and all.are turned on. Able to upload images to other apps like messaging, email, Whatsap. What can I do to fix this problem? Very frustrating!!

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there,

I did not see you specify, but are you uploading images to your site via the Jetpack app? Jetpack for Android

Possibly you are accessing your site directly in the web browser on your mobile device instead? Or is this an issue no matter which method you try?

Lovely photos by the way, what an amazing journey! I’m sorry you were not able to complete your trip, but you’ve seen more than most people I’d wager. Kudos!

• I have been uploading directly from the web browser on my mobile device. Will try from Jetpack.

• Hurray! Jetpack worked. Thanks so much for your help. And yes, a fabulous trip. I feel very fortunate!!

• Thanks for confirming. If you prefer to use the browser it may be worth checking your cookies settings. If you block cookies from WordPress.com that can sometimes block the login auth cookie that we store, which can sometimes result in permissions issues like the one you are seeing. You can follow Google’s steps here for allowing cookies for specific sites.

Another option would be to try a different browser (it looks like you are using Chrome) to see if the issue persists even in other browsers. Or you can keep on using the app, which is pretty slick!

Happy travels!

• The topic ‘Read permission denied on device media’ is closed to new replies.