Questions about Dara Theme

• Hello, I am using the Dara Theme for my Blog. I hope I’m going to articulate my question well. I would like to separate topics for my blog each with its own page that I can edit as I add content. I would also like to add a menu to the side with a drop-down of each category. So when someone wants to see blogs about one category they can go right to it without scrolling or searching. I tried adding the “category” widget to the site but it was only allowing one topic, not all three. Do I need to make a separate page for each then I can add a drop-down menu?

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi,

I would like to separate topics for my blog each with its own page that I can edit as I add content.

This is easily accomplished with Category Pages. For relevant information and instructions see the Category Pages and Menus section of the Categories support page. You may also add links to the category pages to your header navigation menu, as described in the Add Menu Items section of the Site Menus support page.

I tried adding the “category” widget to the site but it was only allowing one topic, not all three

The fact that only one category displayed in your categories widget indicates that only one category had one or more posts assigned to it. A category will not display there unless at least one post is assigned to that category.

Do I need to make a separate page for each then I can add a drop-down menu?

I’m not sure what you mean. A category page is automatically created when one or more posts is assigned to a category.

• The topic ‘Questions about Dara Theme’ is closed to new replies.