Question about data usage

• What if I max out data usage in the plan? Is there any way that I can purchase more only data usage and keep my current plan (since I don’t have any further needs in other plans)

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there,

Individual storage upgrades are not available. If you want to increase your site’s storage capacity you’ll have to upgrade to a different plan.

If you have any other questions, just let me know and I’ll be happy to help.

• I’ll upgrade my site to premium, but I only see that there’s only 200 GB max and no more (and I don’t need to use another plan since it’s too much)

• Hi there,

On the Premium Plan you get 10GB extra storage space, giving a total of 13GB. Our Business and eCommerce plans extend that to a maximum of 200GB. We also have a Personal Plan that gives 3GB extra storage space for a total of 6GB.

What type of content do you plan to upload to your site? On the free plan you can only upload image files, and if you properly optimize your images for the web, you’ll be able to upload thousands of images before you’ll ever hit the 3GB limit included in the free plan:

https://wordpress.com/support/media/image-optimization/

On the 13GB of the Premium Plan (and even the 6GB of Personal) you’ll be able to upload hundreds of hours of high-quality MP3 audio files, and hours worth of video files (Premium only), provided they’re not high definition.

Only a few sites have ever come close to hitting our 200GB cap, and those were sites being used to host large numbers of HD video files. If that’s the type of content you plan to host, then we recommend you use a different hosting provider that’s specifically set up for hosting that type of video content.

There is no limit to the number of posts or pages you can create on your site, and post/pages don’t count towards the storage limit. The storage limit only applies to files you upload to the site’s media library.

• Thank kokkieh and fstat for your kind support. My site is text-only kind of site and I think it will be a long time before I hit the maximum (may be 2-3 year I think?). May be Premium’s enough.

• If your site is text-only, you’re unlikely to ever hit the 3GB limit.

As I explained above, that’s only for media files, i.e. photos or documents you upload to the media library. There’s no limit on the amount of text-only content you can add to your site.

• The topic ‘Question about data usage’ is closed to new replies.