Protected Posts Making Layout Look Weird

• Hi there!

I’m a new WP member/user and I’m using the Dusk theme by Beccary for my layout.

Recently, I’ve made password-protected posts and for some odd reason, the posts make my layout go weird, shifting my sidebar to replace the main block/page.

An example of this is here:

http://ebonyivory.wordpress.com/tag/original-fiction/codename-ravenhawk/

I’ve searched through the forums and didn’t find anything related to password protected posts making layouts go weird, so I decided to post a thread asking for help.

I do know that in previous help threads, it has been suggested to double check the entry/post to make sure tags aren’t broken or something and I ran both of my entries through a text editor and checked for broken tags and whatnot.

Nada.

There aren’t any errors that I can see, though I have another password-protected entries in my ‘fanfiction’ category and even password-protected, it shows up fine.

It seems the problem is isolated in that it only causes my layout to go weird if ONLY PW protected entries are on the page.

I use Firefox, but I opened my blog in IE and it shows the same problem with the sidebar shifting over to nest under my protected entries.

ALSO, if I input the password, the full entry shows up without any problems whatsoever and my sidebar is where it should be.

So… what gives? Is this a random PW protected quirk? A layout quirk? Something I did wrong?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated being that I really like the layout!

Thanks in advance!

~ EB

• Definitely weird (I checked it out). My guess is this should be booted up to admin through feedback. Our usual moderator (drmike) isn’t here today and won’t be until tomorrow.

• Gotcha. Thanks so much! I’ll update this thread if I learn anything new meanwhile.

• This looks like the theme bug we touched on in another thread (the posts at the bottom).

I’ll go ahead and send in a feedback for you.

• Looks okay to me. Might have been fixed when I fixed the problem in the other thread.

• Agreed, looks better now than it did.

• The topic ‘Protected Posts Making Layout Look Weird’ is closed to new replies.