professional email

• I’m trying to set up a professional email that uses my domain name. The instructions on your website says to upgrade and ‘look for Professional Email’ plan. But when I go to the plans, none say anything about professional emails. Which plan do I need in order to get a professional email?

WP.com: Yes
    Jetpack: No
    Correct account: Yes

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there,

The Professional Email feature is actually available across all of our paid plans. The plan you select depends more on your specific needs for your website rather than your email requirements.

To use the Professional Email service, upgrade to any of our paid plans. We offer various plans from Personal to Commerce, each with its unique features tailored to different needs. You can review these options here: https://wordpress.com/pricing/

If you don’t have a domain already, you’ll need to register one during the upgrade process. If you do have a domain, you can connect it to your WordPress.com account.

Once you’ve upgraded your plan and either registered or connected your domain, you will be able to set up your Professional Email. It’s a simple and straightforward process, and our team will be here to guide you along the way should you encounter any difficulties or have any questions.

• Is it possible to retain or restore access to my professional email if I no longer have a paid wordpress account?

• Hi @rayleciowallace22 If you have an active domain, then normally yes you can maintain a Professional Email service for that domain. You don’t necessarily need a plan (e.g. Personal or Premium plan) in order for the domain and Professional Email service to work, but the domain does need to at least be active if not the primary address on your site. Did you have a specific domain that you were thinking of for this?

• The domain isn’t active at the moment. I transferred it over to another website. My domain was navigatingtheblend.com and I acquired the email address (email visible only to moderators and staff) through a plan via WordPress.

• @rayleciowallace22 Understood! It looks like your domain is currently registered with Squarespace following a transfer.

In cases where a Professional Email subscription has expired/been cancelled, we have a limited timeframe during which we can restore data. Unfortunately you’re definitely past that timeframe, which means we don’t have access to the data you had while your Professional Email subscription was active.

In general you would need the domain to be connected (or registered here) and an active Professional Email subscription in order to have the email address. Since your domain is no longer registered with WordPress.com then you could possibly instead purchase an email subscription with Titan, the service who power our Professional Email, though I can’t guarantee that they’d be able to restore the emails you sent/received while you had Professional Email.

• The topic ‘professional email’ is closed to new replies.