Problem with visitor counter?

• Over the last few hours my blog has been getting a fair number of “views” but the visitor count has not increased. I know the counters are not “real time” but it has been a few hours with no change.

This has happened in the past and it required intervention from the WordPress admins to give it a “kick start”.

Any help would be appreciated.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• I am having the same problem! My counter has been stuck for the past 2.5 hours. Had a similar problem last year which took 2 weeks to resolve. So it would be grant if someone could say whether it’s just a temporary glitch or whether it is something bigger.

The blog I need help with is http://www.floatingindreams.com

• The standard answer is usually give it time, it will catch up. One time it took a few days of complaining before they checked into the problem and I magically gained almost 1000 visitors.

It’s been 4 to 6 hours this time with a lot of views but no new visitors.

• Hi folks, have you read this article?
    https://en.support.wordpress.com/stats/

There is a lag for visitors, because of how we count visitors to the site:

You may also notice that your visitor count lags behind your views count. This is due to the way we process the numbers. Typically a view is reported within five minutes, while it can take up to two hours for new visitors to show up in your stats.

It should not be 4-6 hours, but 2 hours is pretty normal. Please also consider what counts as a visit vs. a view:

A view is counted when a visitor loads or reloads a page. A visitor is counted when we see a user or browser for the first time in a given period (day, week, month).

• @cbbrown3 on your site, the views/visits ratio seems to be holding pretty steady for the past few weeks. Are you seeing something different?

• @indiequeen84 your site is showing an increase in views per visitor, but it still seems to be within pretty normal ranges. Let me know whether any of the FAQ items in this article help address what you’re seeing:

Jetpack Stats

• The topic ‘Problem with visitor counter?’ is closed to new replies.