Problem with Theme “Green Girl”

• I’m using the Green Girl theme on one of my blogs (http://nostareste.wordpress.com) and I like it, but there’s one problem. The links at the bottom of the page for older or newer entries aren’t working properly. On the first page they are “Previous Entries” and “Next Page” (either of which will take me to a page with the next ten older entries). But when I click one, the links change to “Previous Page” and “Next Entries” — either of which takes me straight back to the front page.

In short, the links make a loop, so I can’t browse through all my entries from newest to oldest. Has this happened to anyone else (on this or other themes)? Is there a fix?

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• That’s probably because you don’t have a third page of posts yet. Go to Settings>Reading, set “Blog pages show at most [x] posts” to 3 or 4, and click Save Changes, then visit the blog to see if things are normal. Normal in this theme is “Previous Page — Previous Entries” bottom left, “Next Entries — Next Page” bottom right.

• Gotcha, thanks. (I tried that and it’s acting like you said it should.) But what a confusing way to set up those links…

• You’re welcome. Part of the confusion is that you only have two pages of posts, so the second page displays what the last one must. With 10 pages, it would be:
    “Previous Entries” on p1,
    “Previous Entries – Next Entries” on pp2-9,
    “Next Entries” on p10.
    Makes sense, I think.

The really confusing part is the redundancy (Entries plus Pages), especially since Previous/Next means older/newer for posts but newer/older for blog pages…

• The topic ‘Problem with Theme “Green Girl”’ is closed to new replies.