Problem with Minnow theme

• The dates along the left are always the same. My post of two days ago has the same date as today. Yet when I go into the details of that post it lists the date from 2 days ago. Why will not show that on the view page? Been trying to figure that out but no luck.

Anyone?

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi mcolavecchia – I see the date discrepancy you mean. I’m going to see if I can replicate the issue and will keep you posted here.

• It looks like you’re now using Truly Minimal – I’d actually checked your site yesterday and saw the date issue with Minnow – are you going to stick with Truly Minimal or are did you only switch because of the date issue?

Would you let me know which editor you’d used to create the posts originally? Do you remember if it was the classic dashboard at wp-admin, or the new editor with the blue background at wordpress.com/post/

• What happened to my minnow theme???? I’m ready to post, and there is some other page layout now that I don’t like!

• Hi poetcynthia2014 – could you explain what you mean with a little more detail? I’m not clear what the problem is.

• Kathryn – I had three successful posts using minnow – and the title ran as notesfromthedance (no spaces) notesfromthedance.wordpress.com I paid $99 for the website listing.
    Now, I can’t get onto that page to write anything new! I hit the pencil icon, and I wind up on a page called Notes From The Dance (with spaces) and there is a different page format. I’m not the most technically literate writer – and I’m wondering whether I might have been confused with the registration process, and maybe I have two pages??? I go to the control panel page – and it says I have’t written anything! I want to post on my original page…When I tried to change the name, the system wouldn’t let me, because someone already has that page. I know that – it’s MINE! I just want my original page back. I was on a roll!

• poetcynthia2014 – this doesn’t sound like anything related to the Minnow theme, and I see that you’ve already posted and are getting help here: https://en.forums.wordpress.com/topic/where-is-my-page-where-is-my-theme-im-notesfromthedancewordpresscom so that thread is the best place to continue troubleshooting.

• If I’d been able to figure it out yesterday, say around 2pm, I might have saved myself the hangover….

• Sorry for the late reply – been a little more busy than I planned.

Yes I switched themes because I couldn’t figure out what was causing the problem. But changing themes didn’t do anything – the problem persisted. What was the problem again? Anytime I created a post, say today, the date of all prior posts would change to the present date. So it would look like I created all the posts today. I don’t know why that was happening.

How I fixed it was I went into each post, and changed the date to the correct one. The problem hasn’t occurred since but I still don’t know why it was happening.

Thanks for all your efforts.

• That is definitely odd. If it happens again, please let us know. Do you happen to remember if you originally created the posts in the classic WP Admin editor, or in the new post editor at wordpress.com/post – the one with the blue background?

• It was the classic.
    Sent on the TELUS Mobility network with BlackBerry

• Thanks for confirming.

• The topic ‘Problem with Minnow theme’ is closed to new replies.