Primary vs other domain

• Hi,

I have One Blog: aaa.wordpress.com, lately I have bought with other registrator domain bbb.com. I hava also bought nex domain bbb.com on my blox on wordpress for 18USD per year on wordpress.com.

I want to link blog.bbb.com to aaa.wordpress.com, but bbb.com goes to our servers. When I set primary domain the former aaa.wordpress.com, and od DNS registrator I set CNAME blog.bbb.com to aaa.wordpress.com, It functions, but the user stills see the aaa.wordpress.com, I want them to see blog.bbb.com.

How shall I do it?

Thanks

• This would be a LOT easier if I knew what site you were talking about.

All this aaa.com and bbb.com makes it very hard to troubleshoot.

If you don’t want to spell out all the URLs due to google attention, then just cut out some of the letters (i.e. wo-dpr–s.com instead of wordpress.com)

• Hi thanks.

we have old blog domain m–tv.wordpress.com. After one year we want to rebrand. and have bought domain f-plix.com – It is on other DNS provider. on f-plix.com there is our application, but we want to have blog.f-plix.com blog. It shall be link to the old m-tv.wordpress.com blog, but for users displayed blog.f-plix.com.
    CNAME we have set on provide blog.f-plix.com to m-tv.wordpress.com, but as it is one blog, just one DNS primary:
    1. if set primary m-tv.wordpress.com, then for user is shown m-tv.wordpress.com
    2. if primary is f-plix.com, then the blog.g-plix.com CNAME links to m-tv.wordpress.com, and as primary it goes to f-plix.com, and goes to application, not to blog…

is it please more clear?

thanks

• Okay, just so I am sure I understand.

You would like blog.f-plix.com to point to m–tv.wordpress.com?

• yes exactly, but at addressbar display blog.f–plix.com

blog.f-plix.com and m–tv.wordpress.com are two domains in one Blog account. I have to choose which is the primary.

• Okay, that should be set up properly now. Take a look and let me know.

• Great, it works!

Thanks a lot

• The topic ‘Primary vs other domain’ is closed to new replies.