Premium themes inconsistency-Classic/Default views

• There’s some inconsistency in themes tagged Premium between the Default and Classic view of my site dashboard>Appearance>Themes. In Default view there are only 4 Premium themes available and in the Classic view there are many, including themes that use WooCommerce, which require a Business plan and up.

From the Classic view, I was able to add Tsubaki to my cart (on a free site) without any indication that it requires the Business plan.

#Premiumthemes #FYI #modlook

• Hey @2020testjj,

From the Classic view, I was able to add Tsubaki to my cart (on a free site) without any indication that it requires the Business plan.

Thanks for letting us know! Do you want to share a link to the affected site?

We’ll check out the showcase views you’re looking at as well. That is odd.

• It doesn’t appear to be site specific as I logged in to my other WPcom account on a different free site and experienced the same thing in the Classic view.

The errant “Premium” themes look to be Tsubaki, Tazza, Amulet, Zaino and Thriving Artist all of which say in their description in the Classic view that

This theme leverages WooCommerce to provide you with intuitive product navigation and the patterns you need to master digital merchandising.

• Please let us know the username of that other account of yours so we can have a closer look and figure out what’s going on. Thank you!

• Hi @fstat

I’ve added 6 screenshots to my site’s Media Library showing both the Default and Classic Premium Theme Dashboard as it appears in this account on a free site and as it appears in the other account on a free site and an upgraded site. (The other account username is mentioned in the screenshot description. Thanks for not mentioning it here.)

• Thanks @2020testjj, re: the discrepancy between “classic” view and the regular view, the classic view is not maintained the same way. If you’re working with a new site, you’ll want to work with the current view.

re: the site that was switched to Tsubaki without a business plan, were there any issues with it, aside from it not having a store?

• If you’re working with a new site, you’ll want to work with the current view.

There are site owners still working in Classic view. Shouldn’t the experience be the same?

the site that was switched to Tsubaki without a business plan, were there any issues with it, aside from it not having a store?

Ultimately, I removed the theme from the cart and did not purchase it, so could not say.

Apologies for wasting your time on this if the discrepancy is intentional.

• Hi,

There are site owners still working in Classic view. Shouldn’t the experience be the same?

I get what you’re saying. Usually “classic” is somewhat synonymous with “standard wp-admin” but in this case, classic is not the wp-admin themes page. It’s an older version of our showcase that is not maintained the same way as the newer one, can show retired themes, etc. It can be helpful for troubleshooting, but we don’t encourage people to use it, and may merge the older one into the newer one at some point. In the meantime, if you set your dash to Classic View, the themes page should still remain on the new view unless you intentionally change it.

Ultimately, I removed the theme from the cart and did not purchase it, so could not say.

Gotcha, I’m not able to do much about the discrepancy between the old showcase and the new one, but this separate issue does sound like something we need to look into. When you added it to your cart, did it also add a business plan?

• When you added it to your cart, did it also add a business plan?

The only thing in my cart was the “Premium” theme.

• Hey there,

Many thanks for that additional information – it looks like there’s a number of test sites in the account there. Which site were you looking to add this to?

Many thanks in advance!

• The topic ‘Premium themes inconsistency-Classic/Default views’ is closed to new replies.