Posting Formatting

• It was the sonicsongfest widget that was pushing the wordking out of kilter…I deleted the widget and it is fine now….someone may want to make the darn thing smaller

• This is off-topic, but with such long posts, I would suggest going to options > reading and reducing the number of posts to display on a page to say, 3 or 5 maximum.

I too just fired up windows and can confirm that everything looks fine in IE7. Since I don’t have IE6 (well I do but it’s on my lab computer which isn’t hooked up right now) I can’t see what you are seeing.

• thesacrepath:

1) Bingo! I reduced the number of posts to 5 and that fixd the formatting error. You guys are great. Thanks a bunch. RESOLVED

2) I added a text box widget, but was not able to paste a pciture in it so that it would show on the pages. How do I paste into the “text box” widgets?..and How do I modify the categories “Widget”.

3) Are there are other widgets that are available other than the ones that show up in “Widgets”?

Take care.

• The only widgets available are those in the widgets section of your dashboard.

Adding a photo to a text widget is a simple matter of one line of code. See below for a good walk-through:

Put an image in your sidebar

Another way to do it is to use the visual editor, as if you were adding the image to a post, insert the link, then copy the code from the code tab to the text widget.

• Ellaella: Thanks. Is there any way to reduce the size of the text in the header?

• If you are talking about your blog name at the top of the pages, not unless you know CSS and have the CSS upgrade.

• OK! I finally was able to get it to work the way I wanted it to work…still a lot of work to do…..but at least the structure is there.

Now my “Top picks” widget is not working and sofnc.&&&& when addes throws the writing tot he left off the blog (at least in IE7.0)

• Go to this FAQ and it shows you how to set things up. At Sonific, when you set up your account and make your selection, you can “customize” songspot and under “Select Layout” you want to choose “vertical” so that it will fit in the sidebar. Read the FAQ and go back and edit your account and select “vertical.”

http://faq.wordpress.com/2006/12/11/using-sonific/

• The topic ‘Posting Formatting’ is closed to new replies.