post stat views are visible in WordPress Reader

• Hello I sent an email to help@wordpress.com on Friday June 16 and today (Friday June 23) I got a reply back saying that since I have a free account I need to post my question in the forum. In case it helps (perhaps you will be able to view the photo I included in that email but that I can’t attach or include here) the subject line was tagged with #6460469. I’m copying and pasting my original email (with some minor edits and an extra middle paragraph) directly below. Thank you.

Hello. Perhaps it’s been there all along, but I’ve noticed recently in the WordPress Reader that some posts in my feed from WordPress blogs I follow have what appears to be a stat for how many people have viewed the post. This stat appears next to the visit button.

I was surprised to see post view stats in the WordPress Reader because I assumed that kind of info would be kept private/confidential would only be visible to the blog’s admin.

Since some posts in my feed show the post view stat (like mine and some other blogs I follow) but yet some other blogs that I follow (like thepuzzlesivedone) don’t show the post view stat, can you please tell me how I can turn this off? I’d strongly prefer to keep the number of views for my posts as something I can only see rather than anyone or any of my WordPress followers in the Reader being able to see that data.

Thank you.

user name: hurryforpuzzles

blog: hurrayforpuzzles.wordpress.com

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there!

I see that you already found the solution, but for anyone else reading this, here’s the direct link to the instructions for disabling Reader Views.

Thanks!

• The topic ‘post stat views are visible in WordPress Reader’ is closed to new replies.