Post page goes blank when i try to post

• not computer literate – when I go to post on my blog of 7 years tag goes white – I cannot post

WP.com: Yes
    Correct account: Yes

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi, clearing your browser’s cache can usually fix this issue. Here’s how to do that:

https://wordpress.com/support/browser-issues/#clearing-your-browser-cache

If this doesn’t work or you have more questions, just let me know, and I’ll be happy to help!

• I don’t know how to do this even when I read the directions. I am 77 and not computer literate. Is there some other way to do this?

• Hi there,

I’m not sure what you meant by “tag goes white” can you explain that in more detail? Also where is this happening? In the text editor where you create your blog posts? Or some other location on your site, like the public part that visitors see?

Thanks for the additional info!

• I think I can bring some light into this because I have the same problem. I think (guess) it might be related to an old version of Safari, 13.1 maybe also other version. It does not help to clear cache so that is not a solution.

This is a description of the problem:

When trying to ”Add new post” or editing a draft or published post only a blank page appear except for the blue dot with the question mark (help) that always appear at the bottom on different pages, e.g. ”Reader”.

The solution right now, if not possible to upgrade Safari, is to use another browser.

There are several questions about this issue, below two of them:

https://wordpress.com/forums/topic/trying-to-write-a-new-post/

https://wordpress.com/forums/topic/unable-to-edit-posts-on-mac/

The same issue was also brought up last year:

https://github.com/Automattic/wp-calypso/issues/53100

But at that time it was no problem with version 13.1 of Safari, only with higher versions. In the github-thread it was recommended to do a ”hard refresh”. I am not sure what that is.

Sorry for long text but I hope this can help for the description of the problem. It has been like this since at least the end of October. I can work around it but I assume it can be stressful for other users so if it could be solved it would of course be appreciated.

• @anitalinder – thanks for the info and I think that the problem here is the old version of Safari.

There are constant updates to both the editor and WordPress.com as a whole. There are also continual updates to the HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and PHP coding languages used to create WordPress.com and many other websites. And it is more likely that it was an update to one of these languages, rather than an update to the editor, that caused this to break.

Suppose you don’t use the latest browser and operating system. In that case, you’re likely running into the issue where your operating system/browser isn’t compatible with modern versions of WordPress, and we have no way to get around that here.

If you can, we recommend you upgrade to the newest version of the operating system (OS) you can get on your current device. Upgrading your OS will also allow you to install more modern browser versions, which should help here. Or, you can use Chrome which isn’t tied to your OS version.

I hope that helps!

• Thank you for the answer. As I mentioned, it is no problem for me, I can use Chrome and are planning to upgrade later on. This was more to clarify what might be the reason behind the forum posts about “white page”. Of course it is just a guess from me but perhaps the original author of the thread will come back and confirm that this is the case.

Again, thank you for the answers!

• I cannot understand what to do to fix the problem of not posting – Is it possible to have a real person talk to me?

WP.com: Yes
    Correct account: Yes

• Hi there

Are you still having the issue with the tags is this a separate issue?

We see that you opened a thread a few days ago, so feel free to respond there. Also, one of our staff members asked a few questions that will assist us in pinpointing the issue you are having.

https://wordpress.com/forums/topic/post-page-goes-blank-when-i-try-to-post/

• I am still not able to post – three weeks now – and I have had this blog for seven years – I am 77 and not computer literate – is there ANY way I can get a live person to help me

• No, tag was a mistake…. I repeat the problem day after day – When i go to post the whole thing disappears – cannot acess earlier posts… am 77 not computer literate which is hy all these directions make no sense to me Am I the only old person that cannot get help?

• I am still not able to list – three weeks now – every day I contact you and you give me directions I cannot follow because I am not computer literate and 77 years old. I have no one to help me – isn’t there any live support from a human?

• We are real people and we want to help you. We do need more context:

When i go to post the whole thing disappears – cannot acess earlier posts

Can you confirm whether you are working on sarawrightnature.wordpress.com or a different site?

• OK. I see more context in the other thread. I will merge them so it’s easier to understand what you need.

• @sarawrightnature, I have combined your requests into one. It sounds like taking things one step at a time will be most helpful.

Please click here:
    https://www.whatismybrowser.com/detect/what-version-of-safari-do-i-have

Tell us what version number you see. Thank you!

• An agonizing day spent with Apple Care Help with a REAL person helped me fix the problem….

Even they said you NEEDED ONE WAY for a customer to touch base with a REAL person.

Instead of telling us how wonderful you are why don’t you make it easier for older people to contact you directly for help.

Not creating the space for those of us who didn’t grow up with computers is AGE DISCRIMINATION.

• The topic ‘Post page goes blank when i try to post’ is closed to new replies.