Post Not Showing Up in Tags

• My post is not showing up in several of the tags sections that are applied to it. I tried to resolve the issue without contacting support, the only answer I found was to update it without changing it, which did not work. The other suggestion was to use less than 12 tags.

I don’t think I had twelve to begin with, but eliminated one or two to be safe. Still did not work. The only other option I was given in the answer, was to contact staff. So here I am. I’m not sure if it is something I did, or if it is a gliche, but I would really appreciate it if it can be fixed.

My blog is here: http://southpawtracks.wordpress.com/

Thanks!
    Blog url: http://southpawtracks.wordpress.com/

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• This thread has been flagged for Staff attention.

Note: We Volunteers cannot assist the bloggers who have this issue and whose posts are not demonstrating any of these reasons for non-appearance > http://en.support.wordpress.com/topics/#missing-posts

• Thank you Timethief. I would just add, it is only my latest post that I posted today (it’s the only one I posted today if that will help staff any). Also, I have not had this issue in previous posts. And the post is showing up in one or two of the tags I used, but not others. Nor is it private – I do have some private posts that I want to keep private, but this is not one of them. Thanks again.

• I think with the enormous number of posts being published every minute of every day all over the world that the display of posts on the most popular Topics pages may be randomized. Frankly, I can’t think of any other way they could be managed.

• Thats an excellent point. On the other hand, some of these tags are not that popular – one that I checked has not had anything posted to it since yesterday, and my post is still not there.

So I don’t know, but hopefully staff can figure it out. My main concern is that if it is not showing up in the tags here at wordpress, that it will not show up via the tags in the search engines. Also, I would like for readers that follow some of these tags to know about the post, and now they will not.

Overall I am extremely happy with wordpress, and I know this is not typical, it is just this one post that I posted today, the one at the top of my homepage. Okay, well, no use flogging a dead horse, I will wait for further instructions. Thanks again Timethief.

• It’s been several hours, and here is a brief update on some observations that may or may not help staff to figure out what is up.

One of the tags I used was Libya. This is one of the tags where my post is not showing up. At the time I posted my post, the post at the top of that tag page said it was posted “one minute ago”. Five hours later, it still says it was posted “one minute ago”, and it is still at the top of the page.

Another odd thing, not sure if it is related but it could be, it that the system keeps automatically showing me as “following” that tag. I am not. The first time I noticed it, I unclicked “Following” and changed it back to normal. As soon as I leave the page, and return, it shows me as “following” again. Same if I hit refresh. Not sure if this is relevant, just an observation. But because this is one of the tags where there is a problem, and this is not supposed to happen either, I thought I should tell you about it as a possible indicator of whatever is going on.

But the fact that a post is still showing up as posted “one minute ago”, that I know for certain was “one minute ago” when I posted five hours ago, probably is relevant. I think this may be occuring in the other tags that are messed up too, but can’t say for certain. I don’t think it is just a popular tag issue however, because as I said, at least one tag I used I know for certain is not a popular tag – nothing posted since yesterday, and it too, appears to be stuck, and my post is not there. Stuck may be the right word, if it is ‘Stuck” this may explain why no posts have appeared there since yesterday. Or it may be that no one has posted anything to that tag since yesterday. Again, just an observation while trying to figure this out.

Finally, I originally said this was a problem with my “latest post”, which was foolish, because by the time staff gets a chance to look at the problem, it may not be the “latest” post. So I am providing a link to the specific post, and only post, that appears to be having this problem. It is here:

Terrorists Responsible for Uprising: As the Facts Emerge, Obama Administration is Proven Incompetent

Thanks again folks, thats all I know for certain.

• Good morning. This is just to give what is likely the final update on this topic. I *think* it is fixed.

I have not been able to check a couple of the tags, but a few that were not showing up yesterday are now showing up. The tag Libya is no longer stuck, and it is not forcing me to follow it – thank goodness for that, I don’t want to follow it.

I still don’t know if this is something stupid that I did, or a gliche, but I think it’s all good now. For all I know staff fixed it.

I appreciate Timethiefs very quick and efficient response, and any efforts from staff, and wordpress as a whole.

Regards all.

• Hooray! That’s great news. best wishes for trouble-free blogging. :)

• The topic ‘Post Not Showing Up in Tags’ is closed to new replies.