Post Archives

• Hi, my posts are showing in chronological order on my main page with most recent at the top, but I want another page of archives where all my old posts can be shown as just clickable links without having to scroll through all the content individually. Like a series of all old post titles listed for people to browse and see which one they want to read. My old posts are just getting buried right now. I added an archives widget, but it attached to the footer, so that is just buried as well. How can I achieve this?

Site: https://mamawantsamarg.wordpress.com.
    WP.com: Yes
    Correct account: Yes

• Hi,

I want another page of archives where all my old posts can be shown as just clickable links without having to scroll through all the content individually.

A couple of options:

Each may display up to 100 posts, but the Blog Posts Block support page includes the following warning in the Display Settings subsection of the Block Settings section:

Displaying 100 posts at once may slow down your page loading time considerably. Generally, it is recommended to choose a low number of posts to display (less than 15 posts) and then include the Show “More” Button (see below) for your readers to load more posts if they wish.

In order that visitors may find the new page, I’d suggest adding a link to it in a custom menu. See, for example, the header navigation menu in the Stow demo. The Adding Site Navigation section of the Stow overview might be helpful. See also the Site Menus support page, and its Add Menu Items section.

• The topic ‘Post Archives’ is closed to new replies.