Pointing WordPress Domain to Godaddy Hosting

• Hello,

After contacting tech support numerous times for GoDaddy, I am trying my best to resolve my problem through here. I am having trouble pointing a domain I purchased through WordPress on my hosting acct with GoDaddy. I am aware there is already a page that explains how to do this, but there is a distinctive part in that page that doesn’t apply with what I’m trying to do.

The link..:
    https://en.support.wordpress.com/change-name-servers/point-a-wordpress-com-domain-to-godaddy/

explains the process, but it’s step 4 that gets me stuck. I don’t want to make the domain I’m pointing to my primary domain, I need it pointed to a subdomain. I have the hosting acct set up with a main domain, which is different from the one I am trying to add.

What is it that I need to do in order to point the WordPress domain to Godaddy’s hosting? Please help, I been on the phone with Go daddy several times, and they can’t help me due to the domain being on WordPress.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Your name servers now look to be pointing to Godaddy:

Name Server: MNS01.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
    Name Server: MNS02.DOMAINCONTROL.COM

Is all now okay?

• Thanks for your response Mark,

Yes this is what I thought, because I did this before on the phone with tech support from GoDaddy, and noticed the name servers. But ever since the registration expired for the domain on WordPress.com, the site got shut down and now it won’t display anything. It has been taken care of however. And the only support Godaddy is giving me is to contact you guys and they gave me the IP for their A records to use. Is there something I may need to reset again because of how the registration was expired?

• If you wish to use A Records, there are instructions for that here:

Point a Domain to an External IP Address

However, please remember to set the nameservers back to WordPress values before setting up the A Records. You can use A Records OR nameservers. Trying to use both typically causes issues.

• The topic ‘Pointing WordPress Domain to Godaddy Hosting’ is closed to new replies.