Pointing to wordpress domain

• I don’t understand what I need, but I can’t change what’s pointing to wordpress domain. I’m using FatCow, then installed WordPress, but I can’t do anything else.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to moderators and staff)

• Hi there,

Looks like your site is using self-hosted WordPress.org, please share the domain name you are referring to.

Please note that on these forums, we can only assist with WordPress.com-related issues. 

• If you would like to point a WordPress domain to a specific website or hosting provider, you can follow these general steps:

1. Obtain the Nameservers: If you haven’t already, you will need to acquire the nameserver information from your hosting provider. This typically involves two nameserver addresses (e.g., ns1.example.com and ns2.example.com).
    2. Access Domain Settings: Log in to your domain registrar’s account, where you purchased the domain. Look for domain management or DNS
  • Howdy –

Let’s take a quick step backwards to make sure we’re on the same page. When you talk about using WordPress with FatCow that’s actually a different thing than using our managed hosting environment here at WordPress.com. We’re also a WordPress hosting provider.

Do you know which environment you want to use going forward for this project?

The page linked below has some more details that explain the differences between running your own WordPress installation and using our managed hosting.

https://wordpress.com/support/com-vs-org/

On WordPress.com our team offers a managed hosting environment. This means that we handle all the back end details of the site. Things like back ups, updates, security, spam, seo, ssl, mobile optimization, top notch hosting specs, and sorting out any errors or bugs that pop up along the way. When you run a stand alone WordPress installation, like what you’d have with Fatcow, then all of those details fall on to you – so instead of being able to focus on content you spend a ton of time and frustration fixing these sort of issues.

All of our hosting plans are available on https://wordpress.com/pricing/ If you think a managed environment is a better setup for the project and your experience level then we can talk more about how to move your site over and what’s involved with that process.

• The topic ‘Pointing to wordpress domain’ is closed to new replies.