pic enlargement

• Good Day –

I used to be able to click on any of the pics on my blog and they would open in larger window – it would allow viewers to make any of my screen shots larger and easier to view?

How do I make that available again?

thanks,

COlin

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi Colin,

How do I make that available again?

It’s possible to enable that in WP Admin post and page editors, but not in My Site (aka Calypso) editors. Enabling the image enlargement that you refer to involves selecting a certain image attachment setting. There is presently no information in WordPress.com support pages regarding image attachment settings, a fact which I’ve brought to the attention of staff.

In WP Admin editors (post, page, etc.), image attachment settings may be set when an image, either uploaded from external files or selected from the media library, is inserted into a post/page editor at Add Media > Insert Media (page/module) > Attachment Display Settings > “Link To” options. For images already inserted into the content of a post/page editor, the same settings are available in the Image Details page/module, which is opened by clicking on an image, then clicking the Edit (pencil) icon. As is the case in the Insert Media page/module when inserting an image, in the Image Details page/module the “Link To” options are found under Display Settings.

The “Link to” or attachment options for an image are as follows: Media File, Attachment Page, Custom URL, and None. To enable enlargement of an image when the image is clicked on, you should choose the option “Attachment Page.” The lack of response when clicking on images in the posts on your front page indicates that the image attachment setting for each of those images is presently “None.”

Incidentally, unless WordPress.com has recently changed things, once you’ve chosen a image attachment setting, then all future uploaded images will automatically be assigned that setting, unless and until you change the setting again. However, the image attachment setting on a previously inserted image is unaffected by changing the setting on another image.

I intend to ask WordPress.com staff about the possibility of providing the option of changing the image attachment setting in bulk for a large number of previously inserted images, and an option to change the setting on all previously inserted images.

Regards,
    doc

• The topic ‘pic enlargement’ is closed to new replies.