Photos don’t upload

• Sometimes my photos won’t upload to my travel blog, there’s just a grey box instead of the photo. I saw on the internet someone else had posted the same problem. Any idea why that’s happening?

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi @travelsofsandy, this is most likely an issue with your internet connection when you’re uploading — sometimes that happens with travel bloggers in particular. Are you using one of our apps? If so let us know which one.

• Hello –
    Thank you for the reply. I suspected the internet was the reason for my problems since sometimes it works sometimes it doesn’t, and when it doesn’t I also notice slow email and other internet usage.

I am using the free version of wordpress.

• Hi travelsofsandy,

I’ve been able to successfully upload a test image to travelsofsandy.wordpress.com, which confirms this issue is most likely related to your internet connection — especially as it is intermittent.

Some of the images in your Media Library are 3-4MB and that is quite large for the web. You may want to look at image optimisation to help with speed and getting the most out of your storage space:

Optimize Your Images

• Hello
    Thanks so much for the information, I have suspected all along that the speed and quality of the internet is a factor.

Regarding the size of the images, I just transfer photos from the chip in my camera to my computer then upload to my blog. So I assumed all the photos are the same size. I was able to upload some photos day before yesterday – it was a little slow but they uploaded. I haven’t tried today, I’m in Prague, Czech Republic and just arrived late yesterday evening so haven’t tried anything yet here. But I will use your suggestion and look at optimization.

Thanks again!

Sandy

• Sandy, let us know if you keep having trouble.

• Thanks! I will, I haven’t tried uploading any photos today, nor have I tried the optimization tool. But I’ll let you know.

You all have been awesome about communicating with me and providing customer service – thanks so much!

Sandy

• Hello – I just now tried to upload a photo and I get the grey box appearance. I am in Prague, Czech Republic in a hotel, don’t know the capacity of the internet. Is there a way I can send you the photo I’m trying to upload to see if you can upload it?

Thanks so much!
    Sandy

• Hello again – 5 minutes after I sent the previous message, I was able to upload all of my photos, it was slow but I was able to do it. I don’t think we need to spend any more time troubleshooting this. There’s too many variables: my computer, your server, the network, size of files, etc.

It’s just something that I will cope with while on this travel adventure.

Thanks again for your dedicated help! I won’t bother you again on this particular topic :)

Sandy

• No problem, Sandy. I’d mentioned the apps earlier; sometimes those can help with internet issues since you can work offline or keep working while images upload.

You can find them here:
    https://apps.wordpress.com

• The topic ‘Photos don’t upload’ is closed to new replies.