Photo sizing/justification

• I find wordpress challenging for embedding a photo/collage where I want it. Then when I look at the “preview” it looks nothing like the draft. Often the picture is way too big or causes the word flow to be clumsy with extra spacing.

All tips welcomed!

Specifically:
    1. When you choose multiple images and create a collage, can you size it or is it fixed??
    2. Is there a way to “see” the draft more accurately to prevent the surprises of previews?

Thanks!

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there,

1. When you choose multiple images and create a collage, can you size it or is it fixed??

If you’re referring to the image gallery feature, then yes. Galleries will always be the full width of the content area of the page, with the sizes of individual images depending on the gallery layout you choose.

https://en.support.wordpress.com/gallery/

2. Is there a way to “see” the draft more accurately to prevent the surprises of previews?

Not with the current editor – this is a known issue with the WordPress editor both on WordPress.com and the self-hosted version, and there’s not really anything that can be done about it – the editor doesn’t necessarily display content at the same width as on the published post, and doesn’t take into consideration the specific styling of your site’s theme.

But there is a new editor coming to WordPress called Gutenberg, and among other things Gutenberg is designed so that what you see in the editor should as closely as possible resemble what will appear on the actual site.

Currently Gutenberg is only available in WP-Admin, and it’s opt-in only so not active on your site by default. If you want to give it a try, you can enable it from here:

https://meimeikirk.wordpress.com/wp-admin/

P.S., in case you don’t know, your Premium Plan gives you access to live chat support, so you don’t need to ask for help in the public forums. Just click on My Sites and then click the help icon bottom-right to live chat with us, or submit an email support ticket if live chat is unavailable.

• The topic ‘Photo sizing/justification’ is closed to new replies.