personal email settings

• change the notification email address on personal setting and everywhere else. I get the message that the email address I want to change to is already in use, Yes it is. It is mine.
    Thanks – (email visible only to moderators and staff).

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there,

The problem is that the email address you’re trying to switch to is already linked to a different WordPress.com account. Each WordPress.com account needs to be linked to a unique email address.

One way to deal with this is to log in to your other WordPress.com account and change the email address there first. Then you’ll be free to use the email address you want with this account. We have more about that here:

Change Your Email Address

Please let me know if I can do anything more to help with that. :)

• Yes, I know, but I am blogging on three different sites and have a website. I have tried changing the email address on each of those sites and get the notice the email address is used somewhere else. Is there a way to change all 3 at one time or something?I am canceling the website next month and I have used the email address at that site (paul). I want to change that for notifications etc. Happy blogging and AlohaPaul [Personal details redacted by staff]

• Hi Paul,

You’ll need to log in to each WordPress.com account separately to change the email address linked to the account. (Your email address at WordPress.com is linked to the account as a whole, in your account settings, rather than the individual blogs in your account.)

If you’d like to be able to manage all of your WordPress.com blogs from one account (so you don’t have to use different email addresses) I’d recommend transferring all of your blogs to a single WordPress.com account. We have a guide for that here:

http://en.support.wordpress.com/moving-a-blog/#transferring-your-blog-to-another-wordpress-com-user-or-account

I can help you more with that if you can let me know exactly which accounts/blogs are giving you trouble and what account you want them linked to.

• THANK YOU!!! i finally got it. AlohaPaul [Personal details redacted by staff]

• Excellent! You’re very welcome, Paul. :)

• The topic ‘personal email settings’ is closed to new replies.