Paying host gator and wordpress

• Hi. I am paying host gator 150.00 a year and word press 50.00 a year. I’m not sure I need both? Do I or am I waisting Money ?

WP.com: Yes
    Jetpack: No
    Correct account: Yes

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi,

Upon checking your website (https://sohmawellness.com/), it appears that you have hosted your website on HostGator hosting. Could you please inform us where you purchased the WordPress plan from? If possible, include a screenshot to facilitate the forum members in assisting you with this matter.

• Hey @sohmawellness,

I see your site is currently hosted with HostGator, and you have the WordPress.com Starter plan. You certainly don’t need both hosting plans for a single site.

You can connect your domain to your WordPress.com site by removing the additional A records, this will use your WordPress.com hosting plan instead of HostGator. Please note that you may want to import any content from HostGator prior to making changes if you want keep your current site content.

We have a great help guide for managing your DNS records to delete your A records here:

WP
    Domains » Manage Your DNS Records
    4 min read
    DNS records are special settings that control what people see when they visit your domain. They also allow you to connect your domain to third-party services such as an email provider. This guide will show you how to add, remove, and change your domain’s DNS records. Reasons for Editing DNS Records You may want to edit the DNS for your domain if you are: Verifying your ownership of a d

Hope this helps!

• Thank you for the information.

• The topic ‘Paying host gator and wordpress’ is closed to new replies.