Pasting word document and retain font colors

• Hello,

Can someone explain to me if and how it’s possible to paste text from word into wordpress and retain the same different font colors?

I noticed some sites mentioned a “paste from word” button but I can’t find this one, maybe it’s been removed from the current wordress version?

Any help would be highly appreciated, thanks.

I can’t simply change the color in wordpress because it’s a long series of different colored fonts to emphasize the different people speaking in a conversation.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Pasting from a Word document to wordpress.com is a bad idea! Word produces very sloppy, heavy and incompatible html resulting in loosing formatting.
    Instead just type your text directly into the wordpress.com block editor and format it in there.

• Thank you starrtmees for your reply. The problem is I already have a 300 page word document that I will include as individual posts, and I have to retain the font color format. Is there a way to export from word to another program or format and then input into wordpress to retain the formatting? Thank you.

• No there isn’t. The only solution is to save that document as pdf and insert it as a link in your site, https://wordpress.com/support/embed-a-pdf-file/

• The topic ‘Pasting word document and retain font colors’ is closed to new replies.