Parallel site with very little traffic

• I have an independently hosted WordPress site (Macfilos.com).

which is functioning normally and the stats, as reported in Jetpack, are accurate. However when I use the button for extended WordPress stats am taken to a separate site with little traffic, but I with the same name, Macfilos.

I also note that when I enable view counts on individual posts I get see a very low figure which bears no relation to the actual traffic. I suspect the source is this second WordPress.com site which I do not remember setting up. Can you suggest a way out of this?

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi @macfilos, you’ll want to ensure your Jetpack is connected properly. I don’t see it on this account, so I’m guessing you may have connected it with a different WordPress.com account. Do you want to work with Jetpack support to change ownership to this account?

a separate site with little traffic, but I with the same name, Macfilos.

If you’d like, you can make that site private, or you can delete it as long as you understand that name will be deactivated permanently.. Or, you could export its content, import it into your regular site, and then add a redirect so that any traffic sent to it gets on your real site.

Let us know if you need more help with the WordPress.com side of things. Cheers!

• Thank you for your comprehensive reply. I will contact Jetpack and see if they can help. I will also look at making the other site private. There can be no additional content and so may be better to delete it.

best wishes

Mike

• The topic ‘Parallel site with very little traffic’ is closed to new replies.