Pages added as Menus without prompting

• Hello,
    I have just created several pages expecting them to be only added as menus when I attached to created menus in the menus tab.

For some reason every time I create a new page it becomes a new menu on my top menu bar. They are also out of order. When I attempted to create a set of menus attached to the pages, as well as ordering them, nothing happened.

Can anybody help please?

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there,

Below is a link on how to create a menu and reorder them
    https://en.support.wordpress.com/menus/

Could you describe which method have you used to create a menu?

• @rgbertran,

For some reason every time I create a new page it becomes a new menu on my top menu bar.

There are a couple of possible reasons for that to automatically happen, as follows:
    1. If you have a custom menu displayed at the top of your site, then you might have the setting described in the section Automatically Add Pages to your Menu of the Custom Menus support page checked.
    2. If you don’t have a custom menu displayed there, then it’s a default pages menu. With default pages menus, typically a link to each new page published is automatically added to the menu. Some theme display a pages menu as the primary menu by default. I was unable to detect the theme you’re using, so I was unable to do any testing. What is the theme?

They are also out of order.

An order different from the order that you’ve created in a menu suggests that the menu displayed is a default pages menu. You may replace that menu with a custom menu as described in the Custom Menus support page, as suggested by @khushbudesaiblog above.

• The topic ‘Pages added as Menus without prompting’ is closed to new replies.