P2 Sign-up Issues

• We created a P2 site and are excited to explore the possibilities. I really like the feature of being able to send an invite to people instead of manually adding them, but some of them are having problems signing in. I am getting messages like this:

“It kept declining every user name I came up with then redirected me to buy my own web domain.”

“Couldn’t get on. I don’t have any previous log on/password info in my file, I couldn’t create new account.”

Since I only invited a few people and I am the only initial member, I don’t understand the glitch in the sign-up process. These people all have user accounts on another WordPress website. Could that be an issue? Why for some and not others?

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• I would have posted this to P2 Feedback but for some reason I am unable to create a comment in that group. Do I need to be a member of the team?

• Hi there,

These people all have user accounts on another WordPress website.

They may have a site that’s built with the open-source WordPress software, but that’s different from a WordPress.com account.

For people that have issues creating a WordPress.com account, you can give them this link https://wordpress.com/start/account/user which will skip the site creation process.

Also, if they already have a WordPress.com account but they cannot access it, then they can follow our Account Recovery guide:

Recover Your Account

I would have posted this to P2 Feedback but for some reason I am unable to create a comment in that group. Do I need to be a member of the team?

I have already added you to that P2, so you can start sharing your feedback!

• The topic ‘P2 Sign-up Issues’ is closed to new replies.