P2 account name problem

• I thought I was creating a P2 account, but I must have clicked the wrong link and created a wordpress website instead. I don’t want a wordpress website (since I already have a website) but it is not clear to me what will happen if I delete this new website. I want to use the same name for my P2 account, but a wordpress warning I just read made it sound like if you delete the wordpress website, that that name can never ever be used again. Is that true? Or can I delete the wordpress site and then create a new P2 account using the same name? Thank you.

• Hi there, Don’t delete the current site to “free up” the address because deleting the address is forever.

I know there’s been some discussion on the P2Feedback blog about converting existing sites. If you want to follow https://p2feedback.wordpress.com

However, it does look like you were successful in creating your P2 site.

Let us know if you need any further help.

• We created a P2 site and are excited to explore the possibilities. I really like the feature of being able to send an invite to people instead of manually adding them, but some of them are having problems signing in. I am getting messages like this:

“It kept declining every user name I came up with then redirected me to buy my own web domain.”

“Couldn’t get on. I don’t have any previous log on/password info in my file, I couldn’t create new account.”

Since I only invited a few people and I am the only initial member, I don’t understand the glitch in the sign-up process. These people all have user accounts on another WordPress website. Could that be an issue? Why for some and not others?

• The topic ‘P2 account name problem’ is closed to new replies.