Oxygen main menu to be italic, a specific colour when normal and active and more

• You are welcome, and here is the code to remove the top border on the widgets.

#supplementary .widget {
      border-top: none;
    }
  • Thanks! Unfortunately I’ve noticed another problem, when I click some of the drop down menu items, the parent link at the top is not coloured as active. Can this be fixed with code?

• @thesacredpath,
    Any idea how to do the menu trick they’re wanting? I tried. I couldn’t figure it out.

They’d like it so that when you click on a top-level menu link it doesn’t automatically turn all of that links sub-links the same color.

• To be honest, if I have to sacrifice the other links in the drop down menu to keep the parent link the right colour then I’m willing to do that, but it’d be awesome if I could do both, as in keep the parent link the right colour while also having the drop down option that is selected that same colour and the option not selected the “normal” colour that all non-selected menu items appear.

• If it helps, the options that make the parent menu option the right colour are the pages that the parent option links to, the other page in the drop down menu which isn’t linked to the parent option changes colour independently but means the parent link is not the right colour and appears unselected, even though one of its children pages is.

• If it helps, the options that make the parent menu option the right colour are the pages that the parent option links to, the other page in the drop down menu which isn’t linked to the parent option changes colour independently but means the parent link is not the right colour and appears unselected, even though one of its children pages is.

• I don’t know of a way to keep the top level menu item hover color while you are hovering a submenu item. I’ve tried a number of things. The most important thing, in my estimation, is to have the top level menu item highlighted when you have clicked through to a submenu item, and your site is doing that.

I can ask one of our theme developers tomorrow, but they are all gone for the day.

• The topic ‘Oxygen main menu to be italic, a specific colour when normal and active and more’ is closed to new replies.