OpenID failure.

• Yeah, open ID doesn’t work at all.

• I’m getting OpenID authentication errors all over the place. Cannot log in with any of my WordPress OpenIDs.

• Same here. Very frustrating.

• Not working for blogger.com commenting this morning, either.

• Also for me, not working with blogger.com

• I did not see this thread before I posted my own concerns about Open ID. I see that there is an issue and they’re aware, so I’m gonna close up my forum thread. It’s so hard to tell if things are already being addressed!

• I haven’t been able to login to any of the sites using OpenID in almost a month–which is very annoying considering it prevents me from changing any settings for Twitterfeed and other OpenID services that I use. Does anyone know what is going on?

Anytime I try to login, I get a “Could not find OpenID server for [my OpenID.wordpress.com]”

Anyone from WordPress responding about this issue? Will I ever be able to change these settings?

• I was having problems with OpenID and Blogger too. It just worked for me right now, so I guess the issue has been fixed at least with Blogger.

• I was having problems with OpenID and Blogger too. It just worked for me right now, so I guess the issue has been fixed at least with Blogger.

• I have been having problems on blogger since yesterday.

If I use my openID it takes me to a page saying I must login to wordpress, and to type in the url. I do this, I login, and there is a link in the global dashboard…. but it takes me back it that same must login to wordpress url again.

Unable to use open ID

Please advise, fix, or stop offering this as its obviously got a history of not functioning!!

• same problem here with the “must login to wordpress.com to complete registration” over at twitterfeed. it would be great to have this work.

has anyone tried creating a unique OpenID at one of the OpenID registrars?

• Hi,

I was able to login at my drupal powered test site using openID.

After enabling the openID module on drupal and creating an openID at wordpress.com, I did a normal login on my site. I registered my openID on the drupal myaccounts page (username.wordpress.com) logged out and logged in again using the openID login this time.

It worked just fine.

tariq butt

• Can I join the club? Same infinite loop, for 6 weeks, when I want to login to blogger, for example. I asked the support, they replied, sent me my well-known openID, then the same story.
    Really annoying!

• I finally got mine working again by making my blog public.

Previously, the blog I had used for OpenID was set to only allow a certain list of users (wanted to prevent search engine problems since the blog is a backup of a hosted blog I run). Apparently, that didn’t allow the OpenID server to be found.

Now that the blog is publicly available, OpenID works fine again.

Best of luck to you guys having problems and try to change your privacy setting on your blog if you haven’t already.

• I had the same problem with the “you have to login to wordpress.com…use a bookmark…” error. I found if I have my blog open–not the dashboard but the actual blog front page–in another tab and try the openid login again in a separate tab, it works.

• I too always get the “you have to login to wordpress…” when I try to comment on Blogger. Of course I am logged in. I have 2 blogs, both hosted by WordPress, but I have my own URLs:
    http://keithmansfield.co.uk instead of http://keithmansfield.wordpress.com and http://johnnymackintosh.com instead of http://johnnymackintosh.wordpress.com

I don’t know how to redirect OpenID so in the filed I’d type in with either of my wordpress accounts, but it’s not worked for quite a while.

Thanks for any help and apologies if I’m being dumb.

• I’m with Keith- I can’t leave a comment on Blogger sites with my WordPress ID to save my life. It tells me I have to log in and so I re-log in, just to be safe, but I get the same error.

And I’m sure my comments will CHANGE PEOPLE’S LIVES.

Just kidding, but it would be nice to be able to leave them.

• I finally gave up with trying to comment with Open ID on blogger and use the Name/URL. The open ID thing never worked for me since it was first implemented last year and I decided to stop pulling my hair out over it.

• I comment as raincoaster.com on Open ID. I’ve never found a way to change that, either.

• I recieve the same issue as Keith. “You must log in to OpenID”

Is this going to be fixed soon?

• The topic ‘OpenID failure.’ is closed to new replies.