On iPad, WP doesn’t show all Tranform Block options at first

• When I’m writing posts on my iPad, in the past month or so, the Transform Block function first only gives me a few options. I have to make a block a Pull Quote and then the Quote option comes up. It works fine on my Macbook. Did something change?

WP.com: Yes
    Correct account: Yes

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to moderators and staff)

• Hey there @darcyhitchcock, good question! Are you using the iOS app? I know its editor is trimmed down a bit more mobile usage.

Also, what kind of block are you starting with?

• Also, I don’t have an iPad, but I have an older, smaller iPhone. I made sure my app was up to date, then edited a post. I was able to use the three dots => Transform block to find several options, including Pullquote. Are you using those same steps?

• Supernovia, thanks for trying to help. I am using the WP app for iPad. It used to work fine but in the past month or so, it suddenly had this problem.

I’m starting from a Paragraph block. When I choose Transform Block, making it a Quote, and probably some other options, aren’t there. My work around is to make it a Pull Quote and then I get the whole menu including Quote. It doesn’t work to make it, say, a Heading first. Bizarre.

Darcy

• Oh no, that’s no good, I’m sorry! :(

So we can dig into this, would you please confirm which version of iPadOS and the app you’re running?

• IPad Software version 15.6.1

The app is WordPress. The logo is blue W in a circle. In the app stores it’s called WordPress Website Builder and it appears I have the most recent version since it just says “Open,” not “Update.”

Hope that helps. Sooooo appreciate your help.

• Hmm, yeah, I see what you mean, sorry about that!

The limited list feels very new. 🤔

I’ll ask our developers what’s going on and we’ll get back to you!

• Hi there, our developers confirmed the bug, and you’re welcome to follow along at https://github.com/WordPress/gutenberg/issues/44452

In case you’re writing the posts in the app, you can change the block any time before you start writing by typing / and then the name of the block you want (a drop-down will appear, narrowing down options as you type).

For example, if you’re writing a normal paragraph, and the next paragraph is a quote, hit return for that line break, then type /quote to start a quote block. The default block is the paragraph block.

Please let us know if you have any more questions!

• Oh, that is a huge help! That’s a great solution. I didn’t know about that shortcut!

• The topic ‘On iPad, WP doesn’t show all Tranform Block options at first’ is closed to new replies.