Not displaying entire post on main page

• Hi!
    I am wondering if there is a way to not display the entire blog post on the page. For example, showing only half of it so the viewer has to click on it to finish reading the post. I don’t like how far you have to scroll to see the bottom of it so if they were shorter and clickable, that would be great. I hope this makes sense.
    Thanks!

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi @themessyfuckingcraftroom,

Thank you for the details. There are a couple of ways you can work around with your requirement:

1) You can use these guidelines to manage your Blog Display:
    – Go to MySites->Themes->Customize->Content Options
    – Under the Blog Display, you would see a radio button option for Full Post and Post Excerpt. Select the Post Excerpt.
    – Click on Save & Publish.

You can learn more about it here:

Customizer: Content Options

2)If you would like to have more control to truncate your blog as per your requirement at a particular place in your blog, you can consider using the <a href=”https://en.support.wordpress.com/more-tag/
    “>More tag to your full post.

Hope this helps, let me know how it goes, would be happy to assist you further.

Thanks!

• Hi @themessyfuckingcraftroom,

Thank you for the details. There are a couple of ways you can work around with your requirement:

1) You can use these guidelines to manage your Blog Display:
    – Go to MySites->Themes->Customize->Content Options
    – Under the Blog Display, you would see a radio button option for Full Post and Post Excerpt. Select the Post Excerpt.
    – Click on Save & Publish.

You can learn more about it here:

Customizer: Content Options

2)If you would like to have more control to truncate your blog as per your requirement at a particular place in your blog, you can consider using the More tag to your full post.

Hope this helps, let me know how it goes, would be happy to assist you further.
    Thanks!

• Thank you so much! Trying this now.

• Awesome, it worked. Thank you again!

• Hi again,

Glad I could help you, please do let me know if you need anything else.

Happy Blogging!
    Best Wishes! :)

• The topic ‘Not displaying entire post on main page’ is closed to new replies.