new wordpress is bad and looks terrible

• thesacredpth — updating to Classic does not bring back the old look, and it is actually harder to read than the new version or the old version because of the lack of contrast.

• NEW DASHBOARD FORMAT IS HORRIBLE

WordPress, please, why can’t you just leave things alone?

This is as bad as New Coke. You really have to wonder what tech-a-zoid pushed the idea of implementing this new dashboard format without giving the members an opportunity to weigh in?

Either change it back or make it an optional feature.

• I agree, it is horrible. It is VERY hard to post pictures! The “UPLOAD” button thing went away! And it takes forever to make a link!! Can’t we have a choice to change it back to the old one??

• The new format makes putting videos in a chore. The tags are now confusing. Before you could put tags in and see who else is writing the tag topic. Now everything has to be categorized? WordPress was simple, now it is like going to blogspot. bleh.

• I too do not like the new color scheme. It would be helpful to get a heads up about these changes. I was in the midst of posting an item when all hell broke loose. I had no idea of what was going on.

Also, I’ve since run into a problem with linking items. When I press the link button, the appropriate box pops up but it’s now empty. What’s going on?

Thanks.

• It wasn’t broke.

You didn’t fix it.

Specifically, the old dashboard gave the blog owner immediate access to the “comments awaiting moderation” list.

Under the new scheme that list is now 2 clicks away. Very inefficient.

• spaceagesage, you’re correct that “classic” is just the color scheme. The old admin is gone forever, it will never be back.

sonic30132, not only can you still upload things, but the new uploader shows you the progress of the uploads and lets you upload multiple things at once! Check out this screencast. Click the “add media” buttons right above the post area.

auraman14, I don’t understand what you mean. Maybe start a new topic thread about it and we can see if it’s a bug?

mediamelon, I deployed a change a few minutes ago that should fix the blank link box. Try reloading the page and see if it works now.

• Strangly, in the forum there is not the old design but the old options (My Account, My Dashboard, New Post) at the top of the page.
    When I switch to any Dashboard site it gets more confusing. I can only chose between my two blogs. Plus if I’m visiting my blogs directly there is the old design (and i don’t mean the blog theme).
    All very confusing and, as mentioned by others, not intuitive. And I can judge this because I just registered recently.
    Some of the technical improvements are great. But please leave the Decision of the design up to the users.

Thank you very much

• I actually like the new layout, but the picture uploading situation is a disaster.

You guys were killing blogger but having the neat simple pop-up window that allowed you to enter the url of the picture in question. The new system is comparatively a disaster. Please give us the option of the original input. It is what distinguished the wordpress post system from blogger, and much for the better.

• ozkatz, take a few minutes to explore a bit. “Awaiting moderation” is still one click away – look at the link under “recent comments” dashboard widget.

• alexcarnevale, I’m not clear which image options you’re referring to. Could you start a new thread about it?

• my blog in Journalist layout now no longer has an Authors widget, or the ability to add it.

http://idknada.wordpress.com/

• MATT –>Hey you guys should add a check box were i we can check the uploaded images and past the all together at the same time!

the option i have now is to past them one by one !! thats really annoying.
    this is what happens when i use the [gallery] code: http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff136/phattrance/dailymobile/Image1.jpg

as you can see the images is stuck together.
    thx for the multiply upload function! it has been missed :D

• I don’t like having to scroll down so far to access features. Before, I could see almost everything in my window at once. Now I have to scroll through categories, scroll to “advanced options”, scroll on the dashboard.

It would be very cool if you could move the boxes around on the dashboard. I don’t use the incoming links, so it would be great to remove it and move up Your Stuff.

• Matt, I’m enjoying the new system more and more. I think the image uploading is going to work out fine. I’m also impressed with how well you guys are reacting to feedback. Great work.

• That’s odd. Gallery worked fine for me.

Photo Album: Space:1999

But there are at least 2-3 bugs to squash:

https://en.forums.wordpress.com/topic.php?id=25521&replies=2

• Matt,

I just reloaded. The link box is still empty.

• Does this new change come with any new themes? Worpress needs some new themes with more options. (custom banner AND custom colors, etc.)
    I don’t like the change either. Too much and too confusing.

• To reiterate, and hopefully lend credence to the problems other users are encountering: I am in the same boat as member rocksrocks. Our blog in the “Journalist” layout no longer displays the authors’ names on the right hand side of the page to the regular viewer, and the authors widget seems to be missing altogether.

http://idknada.wordpress.com/

• The topic ‘new wordpress is bad and looks terrible’ is closed to new replies.