new to wordpress: blogs/hierarchy question

• Hi,

I just switched over to using WordPress from Joomla, and I have some questions about how to set up the overall hierarchy of the site. Basically, my client wants his front page to have snippets of two blogs: one blog for his observations about life, and one blog to post/discuss funny pictures he finds on the internet. I see that you can make posts for each blog entry, AND give each of them categories, but is there a way to make a specific Page show all the blog posts from a specific category? If so, how do you designate that?

Also, I want the home page (which is including the blogs through iinclude) to only display the most recent blog post, and then have a link take the user to the rest of the posts. How do I do that?

Thank you for any assistance!

• You did not specify a blog address or reason for posting when you created this topic.

This support forum is for blogs hosted at WordPress.com. If your question is about a self-hosted WordPress blog then you’ll find help at the WordPress.org forums.

If you don’t understand the difference between WordPress.com and WordPress.org, you may find this information helpful.

If you forgot to include a link to your blog, you can reply and include it below. It’ll help people to answer your question.

This is an automated message.

• The topic ‘new to wordpress: blogs/hierarchy question’ is closed to new replies.