New theme loading repeatedly

• Hope you can help!
    My new theme purchased keeps loading over and over, the whole page greys out, then reloads. Anyone have any ideas? I don’t think you can see this happening on the public site.
    http://www.upengagement.com

THANK YOU!

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi,

What is the name of new theme you refer to, and where did you purchase it from?

If you’re trying to upload or install a third party theme, then please read the following, from the Uploading Custom Themes section of the Themes support page:

Uploading a third-party or custom theme is possible only on self-hosted sites using the WordPress.org software. This means that you cannot upload any themes to your WordPress.com site. Learn more.

Instead of uploading a theme, try checking out the current theme collection to see if there’s an option there that will work well for you.

• I see the issue in your Customizer and we’re investigating. We’ll keep you posted here.

• Once thing I noticed is that while you have your front page set to display a static page, you haven’t selected which page to use. Could you please try adding a new page to display on your homepage and then selecting it your Customizer’s Static Front Page panel? We’ll continue to look into this in the meantime.

• Our developers think they’ve found the culprit here and will try to get this fixed up — we’ll keep you posted.

I’d still suggest you select your static front page as it could be causing other issues. You’ll need to make your current page public in order to do that, otherwise you can create a temporary public homepage.

• We’ve put a temporary fix in place for this issue and will work with the theme’s developer on a more permanent one. You should no longer see your Customizer reloading continually!

• The topic ‘New theme loading repeatedly’ is closed to new replies.