need to cancel professional email

• need to cancel professional email

WP.com: Yes
    Jetpack: No
    Correct account: Yes

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to moderators and staff)

• I need to cancel Professional Email on my account, and I’m unable to wait for three months (the trial period) before setting up the email with Google Workspace. I sent a message to WP help — does anyone know how long it will take for a reply? Thank you for any information.

• Hey there @kathygreenholdt, are you able to remove the subscription here?

https://wordpress.com/me/purchases/

You should be able to see the free trial, click on that, and then “Remove Subscription” at the bottom of the page. If you’re having any trouble with that, please send more details. In the meantime, I’ll merge your other requests into this one. Cheers!

• Hi there — The problem is that after I canceled the subscription, it said it will not take effect until three months from now. I need to cancel it now and re-set up the Google Workspace option for my email. Can you help? Thank you so much.

• Wait! Now I was able to cancel the subscription. But, while I can now see the Google Workspace option, I’m unable to sign up for it because I get an error msg that says I’m signed up with another service. Is that just because there’s some lag time in canceling things on the back end and in a few hours I will be able to sign up? Thank you so much for your help! Very grateful. :)

• Hi again — Thank you for your help so far. Now that the Professional Email subscription is fully canceled, here is the error msg I get when I try to set up the Google Workspace email option: “Unable to purchase Google Workspace for ‘kathygreenholdt.com’ because of the following error: please specify another domain name as a Google Workspace account already exists for ‘kathygreenholdt.com’ with another provider.” Thank you again for your help!

• Hi there,

From the error message you provided, it seems that your domain already has a Google Workspace account associated with it. This can happen even if you have an inactive Google Workspace account linked to your domain. It’s a common scenario, and this error is essentially Google’s way of preventing multiple accounts for the same domain.

To resolve this, I’d kindly suggest reaching out directly to Google Workspace support. They can assist you further and help identify any existing associations with your domain. Here’s the link to their support page: https://support.google.com/a/answer/1047213.

I hope this helps, and if you have any more questions or need further assistance, please don’t hesitate to ask. We’re here to help.

• Thank you — really appreciate it!

• This solved the problem — I now have access to my email account again. I shan’t make this (not brilliant!) mistake again! LOL Have a great day all of you at WP support — you’ve been huge helps to me on this issue. :)

• P.S. Here’s info in case anyone ever has this problem again: If you cancel a Google subscription through your WP console, and find you need to restore it (as I did), you must resubscribe on Google (using the Google account associated with your WP-connected email address), not in the email set-up section of your WP website. Then, your old email address (and all of its history of emails) will be instantly restored, as long as you only canceled your subscription and didn’t delete the Google account instead.

• Thank you for sharing that @kathygreenholdt. You’re exactly right: canceling Google Workspace here “transfers” your subscription to Google, but you’ll still connect it the same way on our side. Glad you’ve got it working again!

• Hi again — well, it seems that I thought the email was working earlier, but now I’m not receiving email at the address associated with Google Workspace and my WP domain kathygreenholdt.com. Is there something I need to do on the WP side to re-connect my external Google Workspace account to the email function in WP? Thank you again for your continued help!

• Wait! I fixed it using the virtual WP assistant — all good now. Needed to fix the DNS records and add the Google Workspace code. Thank you all a gazillion times again!! :)

• Ah! Glad it was able to solve this one. Cheers!

• The topic ‘need to cancel professional email’ is closed to new replies.