Multisite: Dashboard link takes me back to main site URL

• Hi

I have set up a sub-domain within my WordPress.com website [HTTps://aushiker.om] and the sub-domain is https://news.aushiker.com.

I believe I followed all the instructions in terms of the WP-Config and htaccess files.

Plugins have been reactivated network-wide. No difference in the behaviour.

I am showing the two sites under My Sites as expected.

My issues is when I click on the dashboard link for the sub-domain site instead of getting the dashboard I get taken to the main site public page.

Any suggestions on a possible fix? I have also approached the hosting platform in case there is something their end that can be done.

Thanks
    Andrew

• Hi Andrew,

There are no sites under the account you’re reaching out from, and the site aushiker.com is not hosted on WordPress.com nor connected to your account via Jetpack. I’m a little confused about where are you checking it?

• Sorry, I got them mixed up I think. It must be WordPress.org then, i.e., self-hosted.

Off to the correct forums.

Sorry about that.

Andrew

• Ah, no worries, we get this confusion a lot. I was just not sure if there was something I was not understanding :).

• The topic ‘Multisite: Dashboard link takes me back to main site URL’ is closed to new replies.