Multiple formatting problems with classic editor

• One is particularly irritating. There is no way to change the text color of a link using the visual menu.

Not only will the font color not change — not in the editor, and not in the preview — without changing the html, highlighting three or four words in a link often expands the link to several words not meant to be included.

It can be done in the “new and improved” editor, but I do not use that editor.

Also, headings such as h5 and h6 are now bold by default in the visual editor. It’s not a good change. Sometimes I want a heading bolded, and sometimes not. Now, the only way to be sure whether text with h5 etc. is bolded is to go to the preview: an unncessary and irritating step.

I’m presently working with my other blog, lindaleinen.com, but the problems are the same in both. It’s something you might want to look at.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• You can use inline css to change the color, boldness, etc of fonts. You can easily learn about Inline css on google, there are various tutorials available.

• I know how to change the color of fonts. I know how to change the color of the text in links. I’ve been doing it for nine years. I don’t want to change everything in my blog with CSS, I want the flexibility of being able to use html to make occasional changes.

• I do seem to have found a workaround. I’m accustomed to adding a link, then changing color. I discovered that if I change the color first, and then add the link to the highlighted words, it works.

I still wish I could make h5 etc. as bold in my posts as it is in the editor. The changes to the way headers work is still driving me crazy. I have post after post where I used h5 etc., and then italicized or bolded if I wanted, but that option seems to have disappeared.

• The topic ‘Multiple formatting problems with classic editor’ is closed to new replies.