Moving archives, bio, twitter feed in pre-set theme

• Is there a way to move my bio, archives, twitter feed, etc. from the bottom of a pre-set theme to the left side margin of my blog instead? It’s a pain to have to scroll through everything first to see that information.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Is there a way to move my bio, archives, twitter feed, etc. from the bottom of a pre-set theme to the left side margin of my blog instead?

Because of how the Book Lite theme is purposely designed to be a one column layout and because of how its structure was setup by the theme designer, there is not a simple way to move the widgets from the bottom of the theme to the left. It’s not impossible, but it’s definitely an in-depth change, and you should note that you may need to do some additional work and spend some time to get it right if you want to delve into it. I work on it for a little while and came up with something to start:

#main,
    #colophon {
    	max-width: 980px;
    	position: relative;
    }
    #main article,
    #comments {
    	float: right;
    	width: 750px;
    }
    #secondary {
    	width: 200px;
    	position: absolute;
    	top: 55px;
    }
    #secondary #first,
    #secondary #second,
    #secondary #third {
    	width: 100%;
    }
    .site-info,
    #infinite-handle {
    	padding-left: 230px;
    }
    .custom-background #main,
    .custom-background #masthead,
    .custom-background #colophon {
    	background-color: inherit;
    }

Note that it makes a fundamental shift in the structure of the theme. I floated some elements, and I wasn’t sure how to keep the white background together with the floats, so I got rid of the background. You could keep it the way the example has it which is no separate content area background color or you could change the entire background color to white.

You can try the example out by adding it to your Appearance → Custom Design → CSS editor and clicking the Preview button. Note that you can adjust any of the numbers to see how things are moved around.

• The topic ‘Moving archives, bio, twitter feed in pre-set theme’ is closed to new replies.