Minnow theme: Images/galleries don't span content width

• Hello!

In my minnow theme, my images and image galleries don’t span the content width.

For individual images, I have to specify width to be 1200px (way larger than my content) in order for my image to span the content width and be responsive to any window size changes.

For image galleries, the width of the entire gallery remains in the center, smaller than the content width. This creates lots of awkward white space!

Additionally, does anyone know how to reduce the height of the gray area on the top of my page?

Any tips or tricks to help solve this? Thank you!

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Update: it seems that if I remove this from my css:

@media screen and (min-width: 68em) {
    	.content-area {
    		margin-left: auto;
    		margin-right: auto;
    		float: center;
    		max-width: 80%;
    	}
    }

my content width (when window size is sufficient), is narrower, but the image gallery does span the entire width.

However, I want my content width to be wider, so I want to keep that code. Now, with the wider content, image gallery remains at the old width (smaller, creating awkward white space).

I want it to span the content, whether I change the content width, or if I change the window size.

With the Minnow theme, if I reduce window size, the content takes up the entire window and content width expands to maximally take up the window size; there, my image gallery is still smaller.

I just want the image gallery to span whatever the content size is :)

Thanks for bearing with my long description!

• In my minnow theme, my images and image galleries don’t span the content width.

The default content width in Minnow is 660px, which you can see in the Customizer under CSS:

Customize Minnow WordPress

You could try setting that to a higher number and see if that does the trick.

Let me know how it goes after doing that and we’ll take it from there.

• That worked!! All my galleries are perfect now! Thank you!

• Excellent! Glad you’re set.

• The topic ‘Minnow theme: Images/galleries don't span content width’ is closed to new replies.