Mini WordPress.com Gadget

• Saw this today in the news:

But where is it? I can’t find it. I’m half asleep now but is it under my nose and I can’t see it? Is it somewhere in my Dashboard?

• I haven’t noticed a link in the Dashboard, either, but the post linked here.

• Mine says remain – 17h 38m remain. What happens when the time is up? My blog shuts down?

• i’m a total n00b – what’s the whole point of this gadget? and the windows live gadget too?

• I think it’s a plugin for Windows (NotA)Live. I’m not running it here so I couldn’t tell you.

I’m trying to figure out what those 1 * 2 * 3 links are for that don’t work under Top Posts myself.

• Mine says remain – 17h 38m remain. What happens when the time is up? My blog shuts down?

I’m guessing that is the time until a “new day”.

I’m trying to figure out what those 1 * 2 * 3 links are for that don’t work under Top Posts myself.

If you hover your mouse pointer over them it will tell you the name of the 1,2,3,4 top posts of that day.

• Hmm, didn’t on mine although I see it in the code. (Thanks for pointing that out by the way) Using IE 6.0.2900 on an XP box. Maybe it’s a Live thingie.

• i’d love to have this as my wordpress.com dashboard main page :D gadget is cool but i want to know how to embed on my blog pages or google home page etc. I’m using mac os x 10.3.9 so no dashboard to pull this gadget into :( waiting to hear how people are using this gadget

• Hmm, didn’t on mine although I see it in the code. (Thanks for pointing that out by the way) Using IE 6.0.2900 on an XP box. Maybe it’s a Live thingie.

The rollover highlighting is using CSS, so I’d it’s a CSS feature that IE 6 doesn’t support. Insert Firefox plug here.

i’d love to have this as my wordpress.com dashboard main page :D gadget is cool but i want to know how to embed on my blog pages or google home page etc. I’m using mac os x 10.3.9 so no dashboard to pull this gadget into :( waiting to hear how people are using this gadget

It looks like it’s just for live.com so that you can add it to your personalized homepage there. But it’s pretty useful by itself, and I’m sure it’ll get added to whatever sites that support live.com gadgets. http://microsoftgadgets.com/

The sites you want to add it to would have to support the Microsoft Gadgets format though.

• The topic ‘Mini WordPress.com Gadget’ is closed to new replies.