menu scrolling is different on mobile from desktop

• In the Edin-theme I’ve made the top-menu to be static at the top of any page wherever I am at the page. It works fine with desktops and iPad.

My problem is that on iPhone (not on iPad) the menu with a long list of pages and daughter-pages isn’t scrollable, so in the menu I’ve only access to the first items that fit in the screen.

If I do scroll, I see the page behind the pulled-down menu scrolling, instead of the menu itself.

Maybe the thing is that on iPhone the menu has become a button with the three lines, instead of the button from the Edin-theme, because the iPhone screen is so small of course.

My css looks like this:
    #masthead {
    background:transparent;
    height:0px;
    z-index:1;
    margin:0 auto;
    border-bottom:0px solid #dadada;
    width:100%;
    position:fixed;
    top:25;
    left:0;
    right:0;
    text-align: left;
    }

Any help would be appreciated.

Alb

• Hi there,

Please provide the site URL you need help with.

Thank you.

• Oops, I guess I should have gone to a forum for wordpress.ORG.
    Sorry!

Alb

• Hi ahvois,

Try adding this code below to your custom CSS. That should do the trick for most mobile devices in portrait mode.

@media
    (min-width: 320px) and (max-width: 767px) {

.primary-navigation {
    overflow-y: scroll;
    height: 317px;
    max-height: 317px;
    }

}

Thanks,

Zac.

• And yes, this forum is for WordPress.com support only. If you have any future issues with WordPress.org websites, I’d recommend you head over to WordPress.org Support for further support.

Thanks,

Zac.

• Tanks Zac, you helped me a lot.
    Bye, Alb

[close]

• The topic ‘menu scrolling is different on mobile from desktop’ is closed to new replies.