Maximum Execution Time & Page Hangups

• I have recently taken over a WordPress project and the person who built the framework has entered a lot of erroneous code, I believe. Anyway, I have been tasked with figuring out a few things and I need help.

Firstly, the website constantly hangs up and declares “Fatal Error: Maximum Execution Time Exceeded \\Filepath\SuchAndSuch.” Would a fresh install of WordPress make these errors go away?

Also when I go to install a plugin/theme it will act as if the install is happening, but once the page refreshes to tell me the install was succesful, I get the page hanging up and looking like this: http://awesomescreenshot.com/07b1fwmd32 Alternatively if I upload the unzipped file via FTP, every time I go to activate the plugin etc. it gives me a Fatal Error on the WordPress back end.

I am under a fairly tight deadline to sort this out and we are also looking to implement a mobile theme and these issues are prohibiting us from accomplishing the project.

Any help and or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

• You did not specify a blog address or reason for posting when you created this topic.

This support forum is for blogs hosted at WordPress.com. If your question is about a self-hosted WordPress blog then you’ll find help at the WordPress.org forums.

If you don’t understand the difference between WordPress.com and WordPress.org, you may find this information helpful.

If you forgot to include a link to your blog, you can reply and include it below. It’ll help people to answer your question.

This is an automated message.

• That is not a free hosted WordPress.com blog and those are the only blogs we provide support for here. You are posting to the wrong support forums. WordPress.com and WordPress.org are completely separate and have separate logins. If you don’t have a username account at WordPress.org, click http://wordpress.org/support/ and register one on the top right hand corner of the page that opens, so you can post there.

• The topic ‘Maximum Execution Time & Page Hangups’ is closed to new replies.